Friday, February 17, 2012

Duality




Dear Ellie,

I don't even know where to begin.

I'm sad. Confused. Worried. You had so much going on in your life and it's so hard to believe that you're gone. I'm glad that the time we spent together was spent laughing. If anyone I've ever met had such a spark of life in them, it was you. You were loud and honest and brazen and funny and fun and fierce. I swear it was only yesterday that I photographed your wedding. It was a great night.
I know you would appreciate the irony of the sadness associated with everyone coming together to celebrate your life yet, at the same time, being so grateful that we get to be together at all.
I suppose that's life, isn't it? Loathing the bad but loving the good that comes with it?
We love you. We miss you. And thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment