Thursday, February 2, 2012

"Oh yeah, don't drive on the railroad tracks!"

It was a lovely Groundhog Day. The morning was quite frigid, the afternoon was unseasonably warm, and the evening is now chilly again. The weather made for a great bike ride to the gym but a pretty cold one home. There was a headwind on the trail that seemed to only affect me and the grass.
I did another circuit today which I think has been working really well because the scale went down another half pound. I'm curious what will happen tomorrow. If it goes down again I'm doing this circuit thing all the damn time.
I'm a little nervous about the weekend again. I worked hard four days this week but tomorrow is Friday which is always my day off but I also have an excursion planned for Saturday. We're going to the release of Pliny the Younger at the Russian River Brewery in Santa Rosa. I really enjoy beer. And SF Beer Week is coming up so there are several events to check out. I suppose that's all the more reason to keep working hard, so i can keep enjoying these things.

Here's an example of my circuit routine if you're interested:
  1. bike ride to the gym (30 min) OR 20-25 min on an elliptical
  2. chest press machine- 15 reps (everything is 15 reps, these are all machines, max 15 seconds rest in between each)
  3. lateral pull down
  4. standing cable curl
  5. lateral raises
  6. seated leg curls
  7. seated leg press
  8. tricep extension
  9. seated leg extension
  10. pectoral fly machine
  11. seated row machine
  12. back extension
  13. decline cable flys
  14. abdominal crunch machine
  15. glute machine
  16. Rest for 3 minutes, repeat circuit.

Everyday is pretty much a variation of that same routine. I have to be flexible because the gym gets crowded and someone might be on a machine I need. I think I mentioned before that I'd like to do this with more free weights but it's just too busy.

"and put your little hand in mine..."

Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment