Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A new pet peeve

Today while I was at the gym I discovered a new thing that people do that drives me insane: trying to monopolize more than one piece of equipment. More than once today, some asshole was on a bench with a set of dumbbells next to him while doing a bench press. He'd then get up and do something with the dumbbells. Or they've moved the barbell off the bench to do some sort of row exercise in between bench presses on another bench. It's pretty damned ridiculous. It's busy as hell over there; I just can't believe the balls on those people.

Anyways, let me tell you about something Sara does that I love. She makes stuff all the time and I get to try it. When I cook, I'm simple. Like, 3 ingredients simple. Sara will pull out everything in the freaking pantry on a whim. Last night she made "energy bites" which have peanut butter, oats, flax seed, chocolate chips, protein powder and some other stuff. They're delicious and have only 90 calories per "bite." I enjoyed them immensely. I'm sure I can get you the recipe if you're interested.

Last time I posted I mentioned the whole "booze-weight-gain" thing. I was irritated about my gaining of a couple pounds over the weekend after my boozing. As it turns out, I think my body has to just take a day or two to just get back in the swing of a regular diet and exercise because my weight went back down yesterday. And it went down again today so I think really what it does is just slow things down for me. If I didn't drink at all, I probably wouldn't have the stall in the weight loss process. Yeah, we'll see how that goes.

Pinned Image

216.8, 25.3%

No comments:

Post a Comment