Thursday, January 12, 2012

I did nothing all day...

and it was everything I remembered from 3 weeks ago. Well, I worked and what not but I didn't exercise. I'm pretty sure I needed a day off despite the anxiety it created for me. It doesn't matter that I ate well for every meal, I still got anxious about not exercising. It's one of those obsessions that once you get going you feel every little thing is going to ruin your progress. Fortunately I'm part Vulcan and my logic always takes over and reminds me to not freak out because one day of no exercise won't screw up two weeks of effort. I'd feel worse if I ate a few pies and drank a few sodas but i didn't do either of those things so I think I'm good.
I started the day off right by figuring out a little concern I was having the last few days. I've mentioned the body fat machine I use every morning? Well as you can see by looking back at my posts, my body fat percentage was going up every day for the last 4 days and I couldn't figure it out considering my weight was still dropping. I was terrified I was somehow destroying muscle somewhere or had cancer or something crazy. As it turns out, I never changed the weight setting on the gadget so it was reading for someone at 229lbs and not the weight that I was actually at. So I changed it and now the numbers make sense. Duh.

I need to mention something about inspiration. This blog thing apparently isn't just good for me because lately I've had several people tell me that I've inspired them. I can't tell you how good that feels. I never thought I'd really have people following this stuff; I figured it would be just me typing away daily and trying to come up with something that wouldn't sound completely stupid while I logged my progress. The fact that my friends and family are taking me seriously has made this concept of inspiration a sort of reciprocal process. I am inspired by you being inspired by me. It's extra responsibility and extra motivation; I can't let anyone down now. This story has to have a happy ending or rather, a successful journey.

So thank you everyone for your support. It means a lot to me to know you're out there, watching and waiting to see what happens next. And that's not as creepy as it sounds.

Have a chuckle on me:
Pinned Image

221, 26.9%

No comments:

Post a Comment