I was worried about today. I was worried about the fact that i wasn't going to exercise in the formal sense. I was worried I wasn't going to eat as healthy as I would considering my patterns of the previous 5 days. But the fact is, a body needs days like today. Everyone needs a day to indulge, a cheat day. Without them we go nuts and regress farther than acceptable and eventually into our old way of life. I know this from experience.
You see before I met Sara, I spent 5 months on a quest to better myself. I was "living the dream," as it were. I lost about 11 pounds and benched 250 and was feeling superb. I did this while still enjoying my Fridays. Then I met this incredibly beautiful and fun woman who changed my life and I forgot about needing to fix myself because she loved me for who I was and that was more than enough to feel good about me.
Unfortunately, that was only temporary. The euphoria wore off, as do most new things, and I'm back to remembering what I needed for myself. As wonderful as I feel about my relationship, I still know I need to be happy with where I am as a person. There is, however, a certain extra sense of confidence that comes with being in a solid relationship and it definitely makes me feel better about the journey. Sara is my navigator and I'm hers so we know we can make it together.
We've already discussed our weekend which will be filled with activity and friends and food and fewer drinks than tonight because that's life. Life is enjoying the little things. And while on this journey I'll be damned if I can't enojy them from time to time.
Here's your moment of Zen:
No comments:
Post a Comment