Sunday, January 15, 2012

Long weekends make for fewer posts

Friday worked out like it usually does: drinks with friends after school which continued on at our house. As I've previously stated, I love the relaxation of a good Friday.
Saturday wasn't terribly exciting in the fitness world as I only walked to school to pick up my bike and ride it home. The rest of the day was spent watching the 49ers inch their way towards their first championship in years and then having friends over for dinner. I made beer can chicken on the BBQ which was accompanied by grilled zucchini, pasta salad and Brussels sprouts. And then Sara broke out her homemade ice cream and gelato and everyone forgot about our delicious dinner. If you've never had Nutella gelato, you're seriously missing out. I made sure I only had about 3 bites and forced myself to return to my cleaning.
As lazy as the last few days were, today I was terrified to step on a scale and exhilarated to return to the gym. This morning my fears were semi confirmed when I had apparently gained back 2 pounds. I say semi confirmed because everyone fluctuates a little day to day but I'd be lying if I said this didn't bug the hell out of me. So I was raring to go as we took Molly on a short walk before we went to Mom's for breakfast. I ate my fair share because I was going to bike to the gym from Mom's house ( a mere 1.4 miles) and then ride home after my workout.
The gym a little busy for a Sunday and several people were staring at the Baltimore/Houston game. Amongst the regular gym rats was a stranger who looked like one of the fitness models you see on infomercials. She had a serious tan which was probably of the Jersey Shore variety rather than the tropical island type because it was just too even to be natural. I only mention her because while I was changing plates on a bench I noticed her in the little back hallway flipping her legs up against the wall in a handstand where she proceeded to do a few hand stand push ups. Not the free standing, "Jackie Chan" style, but impressive never the less. While I didn't perform any wild feats of physical fitness myself, I had a solid day of lifting weights followed by a freezing ride home. It's way colder today than it has been and I was way under prepared; all I had was a cheap sweatshirt to protect me from the biting wind. Still, the cold must have been extra motivation to ride hard and get home fast because I worked up a serious sweat despite how noticeably downhill the ride is.
Much to Sara's dismay, I have the day of tomorrow in recognition of Martin Luther King, Jr Day. I'll probably celebrate the beauty of civil rights by playing video games, riding to the gym again, walking the dog, and indulging in my favorite semi healthy meal; a Chipotle burrito. I'll no doubt have some chores set on me by Sara who will want me to make the most of my day off which, of course, I'll be happy to do.
I'm definitely looking forward to this week at work which is finals week. Since I don't believe in giving a final, I won't have anything to grade so my days will be short and sweet leaving me plenty of time for exercise. Things are looking good.
Thanks for reading.

Pinned Image

Friday- 221.6, 26.8%
Saturday- 221.3, 26.1%
Today- 223.9, 26.0%

No comments:

Post a Comment