Thursday, January 5, 2012

Today is not very special...

I didn't do anything especially exciting today. I rode to work in the cold which, I suppose, was an achievement itself. My cold weather gear held up and i didn't go into hypothermia or even feel incredibly uncomfortable. Well, my butt is still sore but that will go away eventually.
But that was the extent of my exercise. I'm not really happy about it since I know tomorrow will be a lazy day (riding to work aside). I guess that's one of the difficult aspects of the beginning of change, accepting the lesser days. Its amazing how I can beat myself up while sitting on the couch and then workout for three days and still beat myself up for not working out on the 4th day.
I did accomplish something else though. I checked out the new Sports Authority in Dublin and found out that kettle bells are kind of expensive. When I'm done here I'm going to shop a little online and see what I can find. I'm hoping for a dollar per pound. Maybe 1.50. They should really sell them like produce.
I don't think I'll be posting tomorrow night. Fridays are the only night I'm allowing myself to drink because I love my Fridays with the teacher crew (assuming they show up to Pete's). Sometimes the Friday crowd morphs into non-teacher friends which is always fun. And sometimes it ends up being a really big night where it's teachers and non teachers AND my mom! Everyone loves mom. And they're all so impressed when she orders the double rum and coke.
I am however determined to make the most of my weekend. I'm sure we'll get in a big dog walk and probably hit the gym. I was thinking about going to a rock climbing gym or someplace with a wall. I did it years ago and it was fun and it's something active to do. Or maybe a hike. People love hiking. Maybe we'll give that a shot. Except I'm always paranoid about cougars (the feline kind, not the Danville mom kind). And people are always getting killed while hiking. It's like hikers are some sort of tasty live bait. Maybe we'll skip the hike.

Here's your daily dose of Internet spawned silliness:

Pinned Image

223.4, 28.4%  (as of this morning).

No comments:

Post a Comment