Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm still sore...

I did some lunges yesterday and my butt cheeks are feeling it. Guess I need to do some more of those so I can fulfill my dream of being an ass model.
Another bike ride to the gym today and another solid workout. I definitely think the switch of routines is going to do me some good. I'm ticked it's supposed to rain tomorrow since I won;t be able to ride to the gym but at least I'll be able to still go to the gym early due to finals week. It's a rough gig distracting teenagers with "The Fantastic Mr. Fox" so I can grade in peace and quiet. Friday will be the best when I only have one class and can finish grading before noon. And I'll be able to go to the gym on a Friday for once.
I caved and had Chipotle for lunch today. I went with my usual semi healthy burrito, no chips and guac even though I love them. And dinner was just a salad to make up for my large lunch. It's been surprisingly easy to keep this up. I know there's a serious motivation involved but living with Sara and sharing the desire for healthy food in the house seriously helps. We kind of keep each other in check aside from the occasional baking episode when we have to pawn off treats on other people. She bought (ground) flax seed the other day which is something I've always wanted to try. It's super good for you and isn't a big thing like a plate of veggies; you add a tablespoon of it to something you're already eating like oatmeal or a salad. It's supposed to have a nutty flavor so I put in on my oatmeal this morning and didn't even taste it. Fine by me. And we check each other on the workouts too. We're always looking things up online and talking about our routines and looking for ways to fit them in when time is short.
The weather taking a turn this week is definitely a downer since she doesn't like a treadmill and is hesitant to run in the rain just like I don't want to ride my bike in the rain. But if I have to drive to the gym then I will. I'll suffer through cardio on a stationary bike and elliptical machine. Just more time for me to listen to Harry Potter audio books. I'm coming up on the end of "The Chamber of Secrets" so I'll have to find something else soon. Anyone have "The Prisoner of Azkaban" on CD?

Speaking of...
Pinned Image

220.9, 26.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment