Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It's a good hurt

I'm still sore from several days ago but now I'm sore from yesterday, just in different places. The good news is that my ass bones feel better than they did this morning so I'll be able to ride to school tomorrow (yes in my tights).
I made it to the gym again today after school. I like riding my bike to the gym because it takes care of the cardio portion of my day but I figured I'd give my butt the rest it needed and drive there. I pushed through 20 minutes on the elliptical machine and spent an hour lifting more weights. I generally hate cardio at the gym because it's so damned boring. They have TVs but I get so distracted by looking around that it's kind of dangerous. I would be so embarrassed if I was the guy who got taken out of the gym on a stretcher not because of a heart attack but because I was so busy gawking at the weird lady with  no bra doing bad lunges that I lost my balance and fell off the elliptical machine and got clubbed unconscious by the spinning foot thingies.
Actually, I hate several things about the gym but the biggest thing would have to be the people. It's full of teenagers who want to socialize, bros who want to impress each other, girls who just want to show off their little bodies, and any other number of douchebag and there are entirely too many of them in one small space. I want a specialized gym for my kind of workout environment. You know how women can go to Curves or Butterfly Studio or whatever? I want to go to Grouches where it's full of cranky, middle aged men who don't want to talk to each other but rather nod to the guy at the counter, possibly make eye contact with another member for the sole purpose of that "are you all finished here?" look, and then get the hell out. Sounds like a solid business model to me.
I've been using the website Pinterest a lot lately as a resource for silly pictures and fitness ideas. The problem with Pinterest is that the users are mostly female so all the fitness stuff is usually pictures of fitness models or other skinny bitches titled "thinspo" which is short for "thin inspiration." Apparently all that matters to the majority of the female Pinterest community is to have ripped abdominal muscles or protruding pelvic bones (both which I kind of find gross). On occasion there will be something other than the cheesy motivational poster or anorexic girl that I actually find useful but I would love a similar site with better information. I like the format of Pinterest because it's so visual that I can scan through a lot of images at once and see right away what looks useful. Any ideas?
I'm also thinking of trying to drink green tea. I'd always heard it was a good thing but I saw a lot online this evening reaffirming that notion. I don't really like tea in general but if I learned to drink V-8 simply for the health benefits then i think I can force green tea down too.
Jesus, it's late and I still have to shower. Goddamn lifestyle is consuming me. But I had to kill some time while I uploaded Harry Potter audio books to my computer/iPhone.
Speaking of:
Pinned Image


225, 29%  (as of this morning)

No comments:

Post a Comment