Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Temptations...

On Tuesday nights Katie Finegan organizes people to meet at the beer bar in walnut creek for game night (and beer). I've been avoiding it since I love beer and have been trying to only drink it on Fridays when I go to Pete's. Well after too many missed Tuesdays, we went tonight. And I drank water. It was like being a heroin addict and sitting around a bunch of people shooting up and being like "nah, I'm good with some pot." Or something like that.
Either way, I didn't cave.  I didn't even look at the menu until we were about to leave.

Exercise wise, today was productive even though i was feeling pretty beat after school. The little buggers pushed me quite a bit today but the rest of the week should pass pretty smoothly.  I rode to and from school because I was able to leave a little later than usual so it was only in the 30's instead of the 20's. I made it to the gym after work and I'm feeling a little tight afterwards so I'm betting I'll be sore tomorrow. The soreness is a good thing. It means that I'm working things in a different way and my body isn't bored. It's about time to change things up at the gym anyway. The last two weeks have been working in 3 sets of 10 and increasing weight each set. Now I'm starting a routine of 3 sets of 15 of the same weight. I did this before and it keeps me interested at the gym and shocks my body out of complacency. I'll probably continue for about two weeks and then try a circuit routine for maybe two weeks.

My numbers went down again so my screw up over the weekend really did set me back a few days. I'm going to be more diligent and not let that happen again. Some people think the daily weigh-ins can make you too obsessed but I'm finding that it works pretty well for me. I need the numbers to go down for a variety of reasons, the most obvious one being my health. And since the numbers are important, keeping track every day is a motivator. If they don't go down, I'm motivated to figure out why and fix it. I should have been doing this my whole life. But maybe I just wasn't ready for it.
Or something like that.


Pinned Image

221.4, 26.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment