I hope it's really healthy for me other wise it's kind of a waste of time.Another small accomplishment today was the resisting of free cinnamon rolls and donuts. I had a meeting today and when I sat down there were two plates of cinnamon rolls on the table and I just stared at them, for a long time. They smelled delicious. Then another coworker came in and brought donuts. She set those down in front of me too like the devil himself had whispered in her ear to tempt me.
But I resisted. Even though the first hour was incredibly boring and had nothing to do with me, I just sat and drank my tea. Even when the growls from my belly started coming, I said "Fuck you, delicious treats. Not today." I waited until the trail mix and salsa and carrots and hummus came out before I ate anything. I was very proud of myself. Lunch was a home made soup from another coworker which was excellent and then I had one chocolate chip cookie and a bite of an oatmeal raisin. It could have been worse.
You see, I have a problem with food. Well, free food to be precise. I don't know what it is but when I walk by the staff lounge and there are goodies laid out for no good reason, I have to grab something. Sometimes more than one something but several somethings. And when we get a catered lunch or breakfast on a teacher work day, I'm all over it. Sometimes the food isn't that great so I don't really care to eat a lot of bad food and those are the good times. The bad ones are when the moms on campus make all this crazy stuff that I can't resist. I just love food. I also have those unhealthy attachments to it that make it so difficult to ignore the craving. If I'm having a bad day then I want to go and get the biggest burrito I can find with some chips and guacamole or a Mr. Pickles sandwich or popcorn chicken and then sit and watch The Big Bang Theory or Star Wars or play video games. I want to do all the lazy unhealthy things to make myself feel better. It's rough changing those habits and feelings. Over the years I've been fairly successful at keeping those binges to a minimum but it's like being an ex-smoker; every once in while I still get the craving to eat a pepperoni pizza and then play COD for 6 hours.
Speaking of pizza, Round Table just came out with a new pepperoni pizza. It looks amazing.

I need to gather about 8 people to come have one so I can eat one slice and not be stuck with left overs.
But I digress... I drove to the gym today instead of riding so i could do a leg workout and still make it home in a reasonable time. My legs have been kind of tired lately and I'm wondering if riding every day hasn't given them enough time to heal up. So tomorrow I'm going to drive to school and then do very little for the rest of the day. I think I need a day of rest anyway. My plan is to just ride to and from school on Friday and then I'll go back to the gym on Saturday. It feels good to have a plan. And I love it when a plan comes together.

220.8, 28.9%
No comments:
Post a Comment